Experienced Albany, Schenectady, Troy, and Saratoga Doctor Negligence Attorneys
Doctors, hospitals and other medical providers have people’s lives in their hands, and that gives them a responsibility, not only to avoid injuring their patients, but also to treat them with adequate care and diligence. Their failure to do so is considered medical malpractice.
At the Law Offices of Sanford Rosenblum, P.C., our experienced Albany medical malpractice attorneys help patients and their families pursue fair compensation for the harm that has been done to them by medical malpractice by doctors, nurses and hospitals.
Seeking Compensation From Negligent Doctors and Hospitals
Medical malpractice claims are particularly complicated because the average member of a jury is not familiar with the standards that govern the medical profession, so it is necessary to get credible expert testimony in order to make your case.
Our attorneys have a particularly strong track record in medical malpractice cases. We get results by working with top-notch, nationally and internationally renowned expert witnesses. We regularly help clients pursue claims for circumstances such as the following:
- Birth injuries: Many birth injuries are the result of an obstetrician’s, nurse’s or other medical professional’s failure to observe basic professional standards. Our attorneys are experienced at pursuing medical malpractice claims for birth-related injuries.
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis: Physicians are expected to follow a careful diagnostic process in order to identify the causes of their patients’ symptoms. If your doctor did not do so, he or she may be liable for medical malpractice.
- Infections and sepsis: Infections and sepsis (a systematic infection of the bloodstream) have the potential to quickly become life-threatening and cause catastrophic injuries, and doctors have a responsibility to respond promptly to the symptoms. When they do not do so, they can be held legally accountable for the results.
- Meningitis: Our firm is particularly experienced at helping clients pursue claims against doctors who failed to diagnose and treat various forms of meningitis, an infection in the spinal fluid or brain. Very few lawyers in New York have handled cases of this type.
- Medication and anesthesia errors: Doctors, hospital and pharmacies must be careful when administering powerful medications. Off-label use of drugs, failure to consider drug interactions, and dosage errors are common types of medication-related malpractice.
If you or a loved one has been seriously harmed because of the negligence of a doctor or other health care provider, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation. You will not pay any fees or expenses unless our attorneys help you get money damages.